The Prep Manual for Undergraduates now, more aptly named as Pharmacology for Medical Graduates, Third Edition includes significant expansion and revision of the prevailing Second Edition.
The style and presentation form has been maintained – simple diagrams, self-explanatory drift charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics. Some new topics like cognitive enhancers, CNS stimulants, Drugs for the remedy of Psoriasis and Acne vulgaris have been introduced. Definitions, remedy schedules as per WHO (for tuberculosis, leprosy, malaria, HIV), RNTCP (for TB) guidelines and classification of blood pressure as per JNC, 2003 guidelines have been included and we acknowledge the similar. This extensively revised edition will likely be useful not only for the scholars of medicine but additionally for practicing doctors.
- Format primarily based upon the pattern which is followed by the examiners in framing questions within the exams- both theory and Practical.
- Updated content with addition of new drugs
- Addition of new flowcharts, Figures and tables to facilitate quick learning and greater retention of knowledge
- Specific description of drugs under short headings makes it easy to bear in mind.
- Easy to bear in mind and point-wise presentation of information, useful for exam going UG students.
- Supplementing text with simple diagrams, self-explanatory drift charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics.